All events obviously must provide ways for attendees to stay hydrated, especially those held outdoors during the spring and fall when it is very warm. Providing individual plastic bottles creates a huge amount of plastic waste and not all areas have recycling bins available, so A.S. Recycling has created a program where you can order 5 gallon water bottles (which are returned and reused when empty) and pumps for events. When combined with A.S. Recycling’s established event waste collection service, it’s a great way to get multiple event logistics handled at once. This water is sourced from a local company, not purchased from Nestle. For very large events such as Extravaganza, Program Board connects a portable water fountain.
What you should do:
- Contact A.S. Recycling and request water jugs as part of your overall event service, which may also include recycling, compost, and landfill bins and compostable food service ware.
- Confirm service with A.S. Recycling and submit a P.O. to the A.S. Admin Office.
- Assign someone to keep an eye on bottles during the event and switch them out as they empty.
- Keep all full and empty bottles together so A.S. Recycling can easily collect them at the end of the event and send them back to the company for refilling.
- That’s all! This one is really easy.